We know all too well how stressful and daunting it is looking for a new home, especially if you’re moving to a new city! Which is why we’ve put together 5 things to look out for when choosing a new apartment to make the home-hunting process a little bit easier and stress-free.
- Find a good agent! This is crucial to making your search easier, more efficient and ensuring you find a space that meets your needs, and hopefully exceeds them. Finding a reliable, trustworthy agent that can understand your needs and has a solid rental process will take the stress out of the search, and you will end up enjoying the process, because you are being shown spaces that you can see yourself living in. It’s just a matter of choosing the best of the best apartment for you!
- Make sure your agent comes from a reputable agency with added security and services. Know that you’re in good hands and that your agent is a part of a company that genuinely cares about you as a tenant and will help you where possible. Feeling that you have someone to rely on when things don’t go according to plan is extremely important and reassuring.
- Don’t judge an apartment by its building! Most old Chinese buildings don’t have the most appealing exterior, but trust us, it’s what’s on the inside that counts! At Shinijia we have completely transformed and individually-designed beautiful interiors that you can feel at home in. So trust that your agent is taking you to the best of the best apartments in town, despite the building they might be in.
- Location, location, location. We pride ourselves on only having apartments in prime locations in Shanghai. We have pinpointed areas that offer the highest quality of life in the city, and areas that give you a real taste of Shanghai-living. All of our apartments are located with convenience, style and sophistication in mind.
- Get the feeling of ‘more than a home’ . We value the feeling tenants have when they live in our apartments. We focus on creating beautiful, functional spaces, that not only serve as a place to stay, but beyond that – feel like more than a home. So make sure you get that feeling when you’re looking for your next home. Consider the interiors, the shared living space, kitchen, bathroom and most importantly the bedroom, and make sure you like the interiors and that all of the amenities are in good condition and well-maintained.
Looking for a new home? Let Shinijia help you find an inspiring space where you will feel fulfilled and right at home.
Follow us on WeChat: